Arizer Air Vaporizer Review: A
Arizer has done it again! They have released a new vaporizer based on the wildly popular Solo.
One of the common complaints about the Solo was that it is too chunky. The Arizer Air is basically a slimmed down version of the Arizer Solo, except with a few differences.
Arizer Air vs. Arizer Solo
- Because the Air is smaller, it also has a slightly lower battery life, about 20% less.
- Solo has 7 temp settings. Air has 5 temp settings.
- The Air also has a shorter stem that has a black plastic mouthpiece.
- Obviously, because the Air is smaller, it can fit in your pocket better than the Solo.
- The 18650 battery on the Air is swappable by unscrewing the bottom.
- There is less draw resistance when takings hits on the Air.
- The Air comes with a carrying case.
As you can see from the heat signature of the herb chamber, the temperatures are fairly even, but not as even as they are in the Solo.
- Slim design, easy to use, high quality construction.
- Feels very natural to hold and conceal in the palm of your hand, just like a pen vape.
- 5 temperature settings that are very easy to set, thanks to the color-coded LED lights.
- Lower draw resistance than the Solo, which some people may like.
- The swappable 18650 battery is a nice new feature.
- I don't really like the black plastic mouthpiece tip (it screws off if you don't like it, or you can also buy an all-glass stem from Arizer).
- Yes, the Air can fit in your pocket easier because it is smaller, but is not necessarily much stealthier because I am afraid that either the stem will fall out and herb will get all over my pocket (or purse). OR, the glass stem may break.
- Shorter battery life than the Solo, by about 20%.
- Shorter stem on the Air means that the vapor is not as cool when it touches your lips.
- Temperatures in the heating chamber are slightly not as even as they are in the Solo.
Conclusion: The Air is one of the best portable vapes, and Arizer has done a wonderful job of shrinking down the wildly successful Solo. If a slimmed down Solo is what you are looking for, I highly recommend the Air.
But will it replace the Solo? No, because the Solo still has slightly better vapor quality because of the LONGER ALL GLASS stem. I also like the long battery life and long all-glass stem of the Solo.
Reviewed by JW on February 6, 2015comments powered by Disqus