DaVinci Ascent Review: A
Long story short, the DaVinci Ascent is an excellent portable vaporizer. It is stealthy and super easy to get THICK CLOUDS of vapor.
The packaging is very nice. The box is thick, heavy, and luxurious, and it comes with all the goodies pictured above. One thing I should mention is that my replacement glass straw arrived broken on arrival.
Glass vapor path and straw
The retractable glass straw is the first thing you notice about the Ascent. The glass vapor path nests inside of the glass straw, and is held in place by a rubbery gasket.
The good thing about this is that even if your glass breaks, you can swap it out easily in less than 30 seconds. It also makes cleaning easier since you can remove the glass vapor path and wash it in soap, etc.
And this is how the bottom looks like -- the air intake vents.
Ceramic heater is a good conduction design
The ceramic heater is pretty good. It warms up in less than 20 seconds, and it cooks herb very evenly.
This is what the heater looks like thru a FLIR thermal camera.
And another shot.
No need to stir your bowls because the herb cooks very evenly.The AVB (Already Vaped Bud) always comes out golden-brown.
- FAST warmup time. It takes less than 20 seconds to go from ON to READY.
- Heating chamber is very well designed. There is no need to stir your bowl because it cooks herb very evenly.
- Very stealthy + ergonomic. Fits well in the palm of your hand.
- Glass vapor path makes a difference. Herbs taste clean, cool, and piney.
- The motion sensor turns off the Ascent when it is not being used (safety feature).
- Craftsmanship is very high quality, hefty, and sturdy.
- Digital temperature control is a nice touch.
- Battery life lasts for HOURS.
- Like the Pax, the heating design is primarily conduction, so your herbs are being cooked (wasted) even when you are not taking a puff.
- My spare glass straws arrived broken.
- The Ascent has a lot of moving parts, and a glass mouthpiece and glass vapor path, so there is a chance that something could eventually break, especially if you are clumsy.
Overall Score: A
Out of these 3, the Pax is the smallest and most stealthy, but the Solo has the best vapor quality. The way I see it, the Ascent is somewhere in between with a better vapor quality than the Pax, but slightly less stealthy.
Reviewed by JW on June 27, 2014
Related Articles:comments powered by Disqus