April 01, 2014
The Arizer Solo has superior vapor quality, but the Pax is better for portability and stealth.
Reasons why the Arizer Solo is better than the Pax:
- The Solo has better flavor thanks to its glass vapor path.
- The Solo's heating design cooks herb very evenly to a golden brown.
- The Solo wastes less herb because it uses a combination of conduction and convection heating while the Pax uses purely conduction.
- The Solo has 7 temperature settings vs the Pax's 3 settings.
- The Solo has nearly double the battery life as the Pax.
- The Solo is easier to clean.
- The Solo is cheaper.
Reasons why the Pax is better than the Arizer Solo:
- The Pax is smaller, lighter, and stealthier to use.
- The Pax is prettier and comes in 4 colors.
- If you grind your herb too finely on the Solo, small bits of herb particles might get in your mouth. This is not an issue on the Pax.
April 01, 2014
Reasons why the Firefly is better than the Pinnacle Pro:
- The Firefly has a better fit and finish: Firefly is metallic and dense, while the PnP is molded plastic.
- Firefly has a 5 year warranty while the PnP has a 1 year warranty.
- Vapor on the Firefly is cooler because the vapor path of the Firefly is longer.
- The Firefly has a glass + mesh heating chamber while the Pinnacle Pro has a stainless steel chamber.
- The Firefly arguably conserves herbs better because it barely cooks the herb unless if you are taking a puff.
Reasons why the Pinnacle Pro is better than the Firefly:
- The design of the Pinnacle Pro's heating chamber is superior. Herb cooks very evenly in the PnP and unevenly in the Firefly.
- It is easier to get thick clouds on the PnP.
- Small particles of herb don't get in your mouth on the PnP because there is a micro-mesh screen at the bottom of the mouthpiece.
- The PnP can be used with both herbs and concentrates.
- The PnP has 5 temperature settings. The Firefly has no settings.
- The PnP is easier to use. Once the heating light stops blinking, the vape is good to go and will reliably deliver thick clouds.
- Cleaning the PnP is easier because of its bullet loading system.
- Battery life on the PnP seems better.
- The PnP has an optional water filter pipe to cool down the vapor.
- The PnP is nearly $100 cheaper.
March 31, 2014
The Pax and Pinnacle Pro are currently my 2 favorite vaporizers for stealth usage (if you don't need stealth, I recommend the Arizer Solo). They are approximately the same size and weight, and conceal easily in the palm of your hand for discreet vaping.
You can't really go wrong with either, but here are some of my thoughts to help your decision.
Reasons why the Pinnacle Pro is better than the Pax:
- The PnP has a better designed heating chamber, so herbs cook more evenly.
- The PnP seems to conserve herb better because its heating system utilizes both conduction and convection.
- The PnP can vape both herbs and concentrates.
- The "bullet" loading system of the PnP makes loading and cleaning easier than the Pax.
- The Pax has higher draw resistance than the PnP. The PnP feels like you are sipping soda while the Pax feels like you are sipping a milkshake.
- The PnP has an optional water pipe attachment that cools the vapor down.
- The PnP is about $70 cheaper.
Reasons why the Pax is better than the Pinnacle Pro:
- The vapor of the PnP occasionally gets too hot and harsh on your throat because the mouthpiece is really close to the heating chamber.
- The overall build quality of the Pax is slightly higher.
- The temperature settings of the Pax seem more consistent.
- The Pax has a longer warranty.
- IMO, the Pax looks prettier.
- Pax seems to have slightly longer battery life.
March 28, 2014
Theses are currently the top 2 most expensive portable vaporizers (as of March 2014), and are engineered to be luxury-class devices that fit in your pocket.
I will judge these two products by the following criteria:
Stealth - Pax wins!
The Pax and Firefly are designed to be pocket-sized stealth vapes, but the Pax does a much better job at being stealthy. It is smaller and lighter, and it is more natural to hold (*ahem* conceal) in the palm of your hand. The Firefly seems like it was designed so that you should hold it with your fingertips. It is difficult to hold the Firefly naturally while holding down the heating button without blocking the air-intake vents.
Herb Conservation - Firefly wins!
The Firefly does a better job of stretching your herb because it cooks primarily by convection, meaning it only heats the herb when you puff. The Pax, on the other hand, heats by conduction, so your herb is being cooked even when you are not puffing.
Battery Life - Pax wins!
Not much to say here, but the Pax has slightly better battery life.
Ease of Use - Pax wins!
Also, I need to point out that the Pax has 3 reliable temperature settings (~355F, 395F, 415F) while the Firefly has no temperature control (it simply maxes out at 400F). Temperature control is a big deal for me because vaping your herb at different temperatures has different effects.
Ease of Cleaning - Pax wins!
Cleaning any vape is a PITA, but I think the Pax is easier to clean than the Firefly. To clean the Pax, wet a pipe-cleaner and floss it thru the metal vapor path. Then wipe down the chamber and mouthpiece with rubbing alcohol.
The Firefly is more annoying to clean because a lot of residue builds up on the vapor paths of the magnetic lids. It is difficult to get into every nook and cranny of that vapor path.
Warranty - Pax wins!
Value - Pax wins!
As of this writing, the Pax costs $249 and the Firefly costs $269. The Pax is a better value for the money.
March 25, 2014
I have posted my review of The Firefly. I really wanted to like it, but unfortunately, I am not impressed.
March 23, 2014
I have posted my review of the Arizer Solo 2014 Edition. The 2014 has a few important fixes.
- You can use the Solo while it is charging
- The airflow is improved
- The heating crucible is changed from ceramic to stainless steel.
- The glass stem has 4 air-holes instead of 2.
March 14, 2014
See the full review of the Pax Vaporizer including pictures of the heating chamber captured by a FLIR thermal camera.
March 14, 2014
I have updated our review of the Magic Flight Launch Box (2014) Edition.
December 06, 2010
The color black is a favorite among iolite buyers. We just received a replenishment shipment, and now are in stock of all colors! Order early before the Christmas holiday rush.
November 03, 2010
We have just received our latest shipment of Magic Flight Portable Vaporizers. We have been getting great feedback about this portable / affordable vaporizer. Get them before we run out of stock!
August 03, 2010
Wow. That’s all we could say when we first tried the new Vapir NO2 Vaporizer.
Just when we thought we’d seen it all, the NO2 vaporizer came and took our breaths away.
The new Vapir NO2 Vaporizer is the product of vaporizer lovers’ imaginations, and Vapir used suggestions, comments and ideas from their customers to create this mindblowing portable piece.
What makes the NO2 so special? The vaporizer uses a brass heating unit, which eliminates the acrid taste created with most butane or lighter fueled vaporizers. NO2’s clean flameless heat delivers pure, flavorful taste for a better smoking experience, unlike most other portable vaporizers that run off of a butane heating mechanism that leaves users often inhaling unhealthy smoke.
The NO2 also comes with a digital temperature display, internal rechargeable battery, and can charge simultaneously while vaporizing!
July 19, 2010
We are proud to announce that Vaporizers.com was the winner of the $5,000 prize in the Shopify Store Contest. This award is a testament to our seamless customer experience provided by our low prices, live customer support, and free shipping.
June 18, 2010
It's that time again, when joyful tears run down parents' eyes, the
hundreds of smiles exude academic achievement, the caps and tassels go
flying in the air, and the graduation gifts start coming! With so many
students about to graduate, and as they get ready to start their lives
in college, grad school, or in a career, all this excitement can
definitely build up to anxiety and stress. So what do you get your
newly graduated family member or friend? Well, the perfect gift would
be a trendy vaporizer, that'll have them thinking you're the coolest
person in the world!
With affordable budget vaporizers to name brand vaporizers, Vaporizers.com has it all! We're positive that you'll find one that suits your recent grad. Using a vaporizer has been proven to be an healthy alternative. So if you're having a tough time figuring out what to get that special graduate, think no more! And, of course, Congratulations to the Graduating Class of 2010! Have a wonderful and relaxing summer and get ready to get a hard dose of the real world in the Fall-Congrats!