Arizer Solo vs Pax by Ploom Comparison
Posted by Jon W on April 01, 2014.
The Arizer Solo has superior vapor quality, but the Pax is better for portability and stealth.
Reasons why the Arizer Solo is better than the Pax:
- The Solo has better flavor thanks to its glass vapor path.
- The Solo's heating design cooks herb very evenly to a golden brown.
- The Solo wastes less herb because it uses a combination of conduction and convection heating while the Pax uses purely conduction.
- The Solo has 7 temperature settings vs the Pax's 3 settings.
- The Solo has nearly double the battery life as the Pax.
- The Solo is easier to clean.
- The Solo is cheaper.
Reasons why the Pax is better than the Arizer Solo:
- The Pax is smaller, lighter, and stealthier to use.
- The Pax is prettier and comes in 4 colors.
- If you grind your herb too finely on the Solo, small bits of herb particles might get in your mouth. This is not an issue on the Pax.